Plum was part of a multi-disciplinary team, delivering a global lean leadership programme, to support a range of organisational and behavioural changes across the business, to shape a new culture and leadership ‘mindset’.
Astra Zeneca: Accelerating Excellence
Astra Zeneca wanted to improve their organisational flexibility and ways of working. They had developed and delivered lean training and wanted to embed ‘lean leadership’ throughout the business. They had recognised that the skills and understanding alone was not achieving the scale of behaviour and attitude change that they wanted.
What we did:
As part of multidisciplinary team, including external and internal partners, we designed a culture shaping process, to explore the behaviours, attitudes and skills of lean leaders. This was to compliment the technical skills training which had gone before and create a ‘momentum’ about a new way of thinking and working across the business.
The culture shaping process was delivered globally to business units across the U.K, South America and Asia Pacific, to create new understanding and practice across the business. This was followed up by lean leadership modules and action learning, to spread the learning in depth about the skills, behaviours and attitudes for lean leaders across the business. Plum then went on to design a train the trainer initiative to build capacity and capability across AZ.
What we achieved:
- A culture shaping process, which created the compelling why around lean leadership;
- Delivery of global workshops to business units to set out the behavioural requirements to implement lean successfully;
- Design and delivery of 5 supporting modules of personal skills for lean leadership and delivery to global units;
- Design and delivery of train the trainer materials to support the lean leads to embed the new behaviours and learning across the business;
- A step-up in the application of lean understanding and leadership behaviours to improve efficiency and effectiveness across the business.
A review of largest area of business for HEE London & South East, developing the interrelationships with other areas of the business. This was followed by a functional review for the other 3 Regional Areas of HEE, to develop consistency.