A range of programmes for Lloyds Bank Group IT Talent Management Programme, designed to change the operational and talent management culture.
Lloyds Banking Group Break Through Culture Programme
The bank wanted to improve their retention and development of female leaders across their largest function, Group IT. Following a review of their talent management processes, significant challenges were raised to the Bank’s operational culture potentially limiting its talent pool, particularly in some roles and points of progression. The review also focused on a lack of strategic awareness and ability in some parts of the business. As part of a multidisciplinary ‘Break Through’ programme, Plum designed and delivered a number of the supporting interventions, particularly strategic impact and development.
What we did:
We carried out a high level research exercise to understand the gaps in strategic awareness and impact amongst the target group. We developed a very practical programme, to introduce participants to the place of strategy and particularly their role in implementing strategy in their operational areas and connect their teams to the wider picture. The programme also supported participants with personal impact development and 1:1 coaching (as well as internal organisational mentors), to increase their confidence and influencing at a strategic level. The programme was also supported by an applied learning element, practical change programmes, which participants developed and pitched to senior leaders.
What we achieved:
- An understanding of the blockers (perceived and real) to female progression in one of the Bank’s largest departments;
- Programme of strategic influence and personal impact;
- A contribution to an award winning programme for female leaders;
- A successful programme which transferred to other parts of the business;
- Design and delivery of a clear strategic mind-set, linking Group, team and individual;
- One of the best evaluated programmes ‘this is the best development programme I have been on in 20 years’;
- Rolled out to others areas of the bank;
- Support to a series of strategic projects which connected the Group’s strategy to divisional and team change projects;
- Measurable increase in female managers progressing in career grade and level.
Plum was part of a multi-disciplinary team, delivering a global lean leadership programme, to support a range of organisational and behavioural changes across the business, to shape a new culture and leadership ‘mindset’.
A review of largest area of business for HEE London & South East, developing the interrelationships with other areas of the business. This was followed by a functional review for the other 3 Regional Areas of HEE, to develop consistency.